Hadi wins Race for Culture
Hadi’s love affair with the 2015 Rwanda Cycling Cup continued when he won the Race for Culture after a long solo breakaway.Benediction Club rider,who also won the Race to Remember,secured his second race win of Rwanda Cycling Cup.
Race for Culture, the fourth race on 2015 Rwanda Cycling Cup calender. The 106-km course took 44 riders out of Nyungwe forest along country roads to the finishing circuit in Nyanza town.
A number of riders tried to make the early move, but the Benediction Club rider attacked almost from the start of today’s 106 km and raced home alone to finish 37 seconds clear.
“My intention earlier was to win the intermediate sprint into Huye but when I noticed that no one was chasing me, I decided to go all the way and seek victory,”said Hadi
Hadi finished in two hours 47 minutes 23 seconds. Benediction Club’s Nsengimana Bosco took second with Biziyaremye Joseph,reigning national champion, third.
The 2015 Rwanda Cycling Cup was organised by Rwanda Cycling Federation (FERWACY) in conjunction with COGEBANQUE and SKOL,to identify new talents and help them gain experience in competitive cycling.
The next race,Northern Cicruit,will take riders from Musanze to Rubavu on August 1.
Race for Culture results
1. Hadi Janvier – Benediction club 2h47’23”
2. Nsengimana Jean Bosco – Benediction club 2h48’00”
3. Biziyaremye Joseph – Cine Elmay 2h51’28”
4. Aleluya Joseph – Les Amis Sportifs
5. Byukusenge Patrick – Benediction club
6. Bintunimana Emile – Benediction club
7. Bukusenge Nathan – Benediction club
8. Twizerane Mathieu - CCA
9. Hakuzimana Camera – Benediction club
10. Mugisha Samuel – Benediction club